Looks like I just made you one of the most delicious and easy healthy meals in a while! Plus, it looks pretty, doesn’t it?
I’m always on the look for new lunch ideas. I never struggle with breakfast because it tends to be constant. I usually have toast + peanut butter + fruit + decaf coffee. Some weekends I’ll have waffles or pancakes. So yeah, breakfast is not an issue creatively speaking. However, with lunch I try to not get stuck with eating the same thing over and over again.
Well, I’ve got good news! I found a new meal that both le boyfriend and I love and it’s not only healthy but delicious and easy to make. I hope you enjoy it too :)
Serves 5-6, ready in 40 minutes
-2 cups of cooked quinoa (follow package instructions)
-1 medium acorn squash, cut into wedges
-1 tablespoons olive oil
-1 small-medium red onion, chopped
-1/4 cup vinegar (I used raspberry vinegar)
-2 teaspoons brown sugar
-Cilantro (coriander) leaves to taste, chopped (I used about 3 tablespoons)
-1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
-150g feta cheese, cut into small squares
-6 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
2. While the quinoa cooks, preheat oven to 425*F.
3. Place the pumpkin wedges in a baking dish and with the help of a brush cover them with olive oil. If you have oil remaining, put it aside.
4. Roast pumpkin for 10 minutes.
5. Add the onion and roast for another 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
6. In a medium-large bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, cilantro, chickpeas, quinoa and the remaining oil (if any). Mix well.
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay