So, it’s football world cup season! I’m no expert in football but somehow I always enjoy the world cups. I feel old saying this, but how is it possible that it’s already been 4 years since South Africa? Where does time go!!!?
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did :)
-1 ripe nectarine, cut
-1 cup raspberries, cut in half
-1 tablespoon brown sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups of oat flour
-2 tablespoon brown sugar
-1/5 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup cold light margarine
-1/4 cup ice-cold water
2. For the filling: mix the nectarine, raspberries, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Toss well to coat the fruits and set aside.
3. For the crust: in a medium bowl whisk the flour, sugar and salt. Using a fork (or your hands or a pastry cutter), add in the margarine and combine unit the mixture is coarse.
4. Add the water and keep mixing until the flour is moistened. You might need to add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of water if the dough seems dry.
5. Gently knead the dough until it comes together and then shape is into a flatten disk. I did this on top of the counter and then again on the parchment paper.
6. Add the fruit into the centre of the dough leaving about 2 cm border around. Gentl fold the edges of the dough over the fruit, overlapping the dough as necessary. Try not adding to much of the juice since the dough might become soggy.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction