Serves about 3-4 cups, ready in 40 minutes
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-6 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 can of 120g of tomato paste (with no added salt)
-2 teaspoons of minced oregano
-1/3 teaspoon salt
2. Add the tomatoes and boil until their skin starts to come off. Then rinse them with cold water and drain. Allow them to cool for a few minutes.
3. Remove the remaining skin and cut off the hard centre from the tomatoes
4. Add them into a blender and blend them for a few seconds. You can just cut them if you prefer having chunks of tomato in the sauce
5. In the same or similar saucepan, add the olive oil and heat under medium heat
6. Add the garlic and cook until slightly golden, then add the blended tomatoes and mix well
7. Add the tomato paste plus 1/2 cup of water, mix well again
8. Cook for about 15 minutes in low-medium heat, stirring every few minutes
9. Add the oregano and salt
10. Cook for 5 more minutes and it’s ready, bon appétit!