I’m finally starting to wake up from vacationland. But not completely. I still hang out in my pajamas until 12pm and that’s when I finally decide it’s time to take a shower and do something outside. Like spending 45$ on crepes… for TWO people! Oh, and we drank water and didn't order any entries. Shocking, I know. We’ll never go to that place again.
Meanwhile, let’s enjoy some shrimp and veggies spring rolls. They are not only delicious, but also healthy. Just a bunch of shrimps and veggies wrapped by a thin rice shell.
Also, when I was at my boyfriends parents house I learned a new way to eat them: take a Boston lettuce leaf and wrap the spring roll before dipping it in a sauce. De-li-cious!
Makes 10, 30 minutes
-1/2 cup finely cut carrots
-1 cup finely cut mushrooms
-1/2 cup chopped green onion
-1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
-1 cup shredded cabbage
-1 ½ cups shrimps, cut is small pieces
-1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-8 rice-skin spring roll wrappers
-Pinch of salt
1. In a saucepan, add the olive oil and preheat over medium-high.
2. Add the minced garlic and cook until lightly golden.
3. Add the yellow onions and carrots. Cook until lightly softened.
4. Add the green onion, cabbage, and shrimps. Cook until everything is softened.
5. Preheat oven to 350◦F
6. Following the wrappers’ package instructions, fill them with the mixture prepared above. I recommend adding about 2 tablespoons of the mixture per wrap; otherwise it might break in the oven later. If your wrappers’ package doesn't have any instructions, just Google “how to fold spring rolls”.
7. Put the spring rolls on a lightly grease baking pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
8. Serve with Boston lettuce wraps and I recommend this* sauce to dip them in. Enjoy!
-2 tablespoon orange marmalade (low in sugar preferably)
-1/4 tablespoon balsamic-raspberry vinegar
-1/2 tablespoon basil
-2 tablespoons olive oil