I've been in Venezuela for a few days already and it has been great so far. I’m staying in my “old” house with my family so I've been a quite busy as you can imagine. We went to the beach last weekend and on Monday I had a chance to see my best friends from high school. We've always kept good contact with each other thanks to technology, but it’s pretty cool to see them in person.
Also, it feels amazing to be in the city in which I grew up. Simple things like going to the supermarket or visiting certain places brings me back many memories. Besides, having my parents around is great! We have a lot of fun together.
Yesterday I prepared this healthy banana bread. It is high in fiber, contains omega-3 and it’s a delicious way to vary your breakfast. My parents thought it could go great as a dessert as well, so you can try having a small piece after lunch. I had it for breakfast today with PB and coffee and it was delicious.
I hope you enjoy it :)
PS: I know I haven’t been posting in a constant way. Sorry about that! As soon as I get my routine back I’ll do it more regularly, but that will probably be around mid-august when I’m back in Montreal.
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 cup flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
-3 large ripe bananas, mashed
-1/2 cup milk
-1/2 lemon juice
-2 tsp vanilla
1. In a large bowl combine the flours, salt, soda, baking powder, sugar and walnuts.
2. In a separate bowl, add the eggs, milk, lemon juice, vanilla and the mashed bananas. Mix well.
3. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ones in the large bowl and mix everything together.
4. Preheat oven to 350◦C.
5. Grease a loaf pan and add the mixture in it.
6. Cook in oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let it cool for a few minutes and then remove from pan.
8. Enjoy it!